Number Line for iPad, Chrome, and Web
Number Line helps students visualize number sequences and demonstrate strategies for counting, comparing, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Choose number lines labelled with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, or negative numbers. Or use a blank number line, with or without tick marks.
Describe intervals between points on the line using forward or backward jumps above and below the line. Jumps can also be labelled with their values or left blank. Add custom tick marks to the number line to show equivalence or compare number values. Show strategies with drawing and annotation tools.
Hide elements of the sequence shown on the number line, which challenges students to use what they know about number relationships and computation to identify those missing elements.
This virtual number line is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use iPads.
- Mark the number line with multiples of whole numbers, fractions, or decimals. In addition, hide or display negative values.
- Use the Go To feature to move to locations on the number line beyond the scrolling limits.
- Add and manipulate forward and backward jumps, above or below the line.
- Label jump bars automatically or manually to show intervals, or hide labels altogether.
- Add custom tick marks and values to the blank number lines.
- Hide and reveal numbers on the number line.
- Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
- Write equations and expressions with the text tool.
Number Line was made possible by a generous donation from Dr. David Moursund.
Technical Support and Feedback
These apps were crafted by Clarity Innovations: “We improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.” For app support and feedback, contact them at www.clarity-innovations.com/apps.