Bridges Second Edition Getting Started Workshop
Our two-day (consecutive days) summer workshop, Getting Started, brings our teacher leaders to your district. They work face-to-face with your classroom teachers, stepping them through unpacking the curriculum components and exploring math practices in the contexts of the models and strategies.
These workshops are packed with information, pedagogy, and hands on activities. Teachers explore resources, dive into Number Corner, and do math that resembles a Bridges classroom. (Maximum of 30 participants in each session. Multiple sessions can be scheduled.)
Getting Started workshops are scheduled either by grade-level bands, such as K–2 and 3–5, or are grade specific. The workshop goals include:
- Gaining a rich experience and understanding of the components and structure of Bridges in Mathematics
- Investigating daily schedules and yearly pacing
- Exploring ways to organize classrooms and materials
- Experiencing and understanding the CCSS Content Standards and Mathematical Practices
- Discovering the wealth of online resources
- Learning ways to use Bridges materials to meet the diverse needs of all your students
- Understanding the assessment opportunities Bridges provides
Fees vary and are discounted based upon the number of Bridges classroom kits a district/school purchases.
Typically two days (consecutive days, 12 hours total). One-day workshops can also be scheduled depending on the size of district/school and the number of professional development days a district/school has available.
Mainly classroom teachers. Support staff, coaches, and administrators may also attend as space allows.